NOTE: This method is being phased out
The following section details how to interpret the results of a /verify check on an entity when you specify the checkType details in full (rather than just use the “profile” option).
Unless you have a specific reason to not do so, please move to using Entity Profiles, rather than running individual checks.
The CheckSummary is formerly the main place to look to determine the current state of an entity.
(It still can be used, but you're better service by the more structured response in the checkEntityResults section of a response.
The summary resultState is the first field to check. Although the API documentation gives an accurate description of the various states, there are a large number of subtleties that can creep in given the vast array of potential check results possible. With that in mind, the following is a guide to reading the response.
Check state for an individual data point
- "UNCHECKED": Check has not yet been performed
- "NOT_SUPPORTED": the requested check type or industry function is not supported by this connector.
- "CHECKING": Checks are underway.
- "UNPROCESSABLE": The data supplied was unprocessable.
- "NO_MATCH": All checks complete as far as possible, no records found that matched the details supplied. No AML checks would have been run.
- "CHECKED_PARTIAL_SUCCESS": Indicates that we were able to partially match an entity, but not all checks completed.
- "CHECKED_SUCCESS_WITH_NOTES": All checks complete, but there are some notes (e.g. PEP or sanctions).
- "CHECKED_SUCCESS_CLEAR": All checks complete, enough details were verified and cleared to ensure that this person meets your KYC/AML requirements. No additional action required.
- "CHECKED_FAILED": Some checks attempted, but there was a hard failure along the way and we’ve had to stop.
You should always look to the Action.Recommended KVP flag for a final recommended disposition, especially for CHECKED_PARTIAL_SUCCESS and CHECKED_SUCCESS_WITH_NOTES, just to be sure.
If you receive an Action.Recommended of FAIL or FAIL_MANUAL, you should look at the following:
- KVP Fail.Reason.* - that will give a basic indication as to why the entity failed
- KVP portal.issue.summary - this gives a quick indicator of issues that need attention.
- KVP Info.*MatchCount - that will tell you how many items matched - use this for partial failures.
- KVP Important.HasSantions - the individual is marked as sanctioned - you should use the portal to verify these results and set to false or true positive.
- KVP Important.Duplicate - the individual has been marked as a duplicate. Use the portal tools to confirm or mark as a false positive.
- KVP Important.Blacklist - the individual has been marked as blacklisted. Use the portal tools to confirm or mark as a false positive.
When the Action.Recommended is “REFER”, you should look at:
- KVP Review.Reason.* and KVP portal.issue.summary - as above, these give a brief description of the issues that need addressing
- KVP Risk.Level - the entity might just be too high a risk.
- KVP Issue.IsPEP/OnWatchlist/HasMedia - indicates that the entity has potential AML issues that need review via the portal.
Updated 12 months ago